hmmmm. Awkward moments. These are all true stories (possibly modified to protect the bride and groom!)
- right after the bride and groom walked back down the aisle, they made a bee-line to his pickup truck, opened the tailgate, the bride hiked up her dress so she could sit on the tailgate as they smoked cigarettes.
- there was the time when I said to the photographer, bride and groom as they went off for some photos after the ceremony, “don’t go over there, as I saw the dog owner not curb his dog after the dog pooped.” A few minutes later they called me over to that very area for photos. When I got there, I smelled the dog poop. The longer I stood there the stronger the dog poop smell got. While walking away I looked down at the bottom of the bride’s dress. Sure enough not only did the bottom of the dress have poop on it, but when she picked up her dress to walk away, there was more underneath (including shoes!)
- when the ring bearer was old enough to untie the rings on the pillow, but not old enough to hold the pillow and untie the rings. So when he dropped the ring and it rolled under the stage, he promptly crawled under it to get the ring.
- the time when the bride lost her shoe in the brick sidewalk.
- and there was the time when I mentioned to the coordinator and the bride that the 50 foot aisle runner needed to be removed from the aisle, as the wind was too strong for it, esp. since it wasn’t attached to anything nor was anything holding it down. But I don’t know nothing! As the bride walked down the aisle runner, the wind picked up speed and the runner started the wave action.
- The time when the wedding was on the golf course and I looked around and saw about 6 deer off in the distance.
- Or the time when the bride was ready to walk down the aisle at the outside venue. Except the groom was no where to be found. He had plenty to drink! He walked out from the bushes, heading to the right place to stand while trying to zip his zipper, saying, “i had to go to bathroom.
- And there was the time inside of a church, the husband of the maid of honor refused to take their screaming three year old out of the chapel. I don’t know which was worse: the screaming child or the echo of the screaming child.
- When the bride thought that her waving to her guests as she walked down the aisle, looked natural, but the rest of us realized she was three sheets to the wind, plus a few extra shots!
- Or when the groom walked down the aisle holding his can of beer.
- How about when the guests, as they were leaving the cocktail hour, took their full wine glasses with them as they walked over and sat down for the wedding.
- There was a time when the mother of the groom, asked, when she was about to walk down the aisle, where she could put her plastic cup of beer.
- The time when the father of the groom was 1 minute late, pulled up to the valet parking, got out of his car, and THREW the keys at the valet who was 5 feet away and nearly hit him in the face with them.
- Or when the mother of the bride, after the ceremony, began to walk down the aisle inside a hotel, knocked the burning candle over onto the carpet.
- or the time when the bride and groom thought a “mr. mic” style of PA system would really work. It might have worked if they had got new batteries. Instead they got squeaks and feedback.
- And the time when at an outdoor 150 guest wedding, the bride forgot the grooms ring at home. When did she realize it? During the ceremony when I asked for the rings. So, i tried to make the awkward moment light-hearted by saying, “She forgot your ring.i guess she really didn’t want marry you.” Everyone laughed, and then some lady from the back row came up the side aisle and handed the ring to the bride. It wasn’t until after the ceremony was over that I found out why the groom had a very strange look on his face when he saw the ring. It wasn’t his. Remember the woman that walked up with the ring? She had made her husband take off his wedding ring!
- the time the bride and groom didn’t want to toast with champagne, but instead used Mtn. Dew.
Share your thoughts and stories!!