It’s great to have all of your friends and family at a wedding. But is it great to have someone from your own town (or not local to Savannah) be the professional wedding coordinator for your special day?
Here is the list of cons:
- They don’t know the area.
- They don’t know the how long it takes to get from your lodging to your ceremony, etc.
- They don’t know the details of how to keep people out of uninvited guests out of your ceremony (that, BTW, is not the security/police’s job at your reserved park/square wedding).
- They normally aren’t worried about time lines, since they may be doing your ceremony at a reduced rate in order to have it on their resume.
- They don’t have the connection to local vendors to get you the best ones. Some coordinators bring all their vendors from out of the area.
- Rarely do weddings start on time (one wedding started 45 minutes late – imagine your guests sitting for 45 minutes waiting for you).
Here is the pros:
- You may know the coordinator personally – may have more fun.
- They may give you a huge discount to get the out of town/state business.
- They may be a friend, so you would only have to pay for their lodging.
Nothing against out of state/town professional wedding coordinators but I find that for the most part, local Professional Wedding Coordinators are steps above out of town ones.
Share your thoughts!